With the new year around the corner and more self care on my mind after the busy holiday season, I thought I’d take the opportunity to take a deeper dive into the medical grade skincare brands I’ve been using and loving over the last year and how they’ve made a difference in my anti-aging skincare routine. If you are looking for a deep dive into my med spa treatments at Renew Oklahoma, check out this post here for all the details.
Best Medical Grade Skincare Brands and Why I use Them
I have recently started using this this retinol-based solution and it has made a major improvement the appearance of uneven skin for a brighter, clearer and smoother complexion. I use this product nightly.
Named one of The 25 Most Effective Acne Scar Treatments Dermatologists Swear By – Elle
- Exfoliates to help smooth and even skin tone
- Minimizes appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps prevent against future discoloration
- Brightens skin
- Contains calming + soothing properties
Brightalive Skin Brightener
As we get sun exposure during the year, I recently added the Brightalive to my skincare routine. It’s made such a difference in tackling the sun spots in between my IPL treatments I get yearly. A technologically advanced skin brightener clinically proven to increase luminosity, visibly improve skin clarity and fade the appearance of dark spots for a brighter, more even complexion. Non-hydroquinone and non-retinol. I used in the am and p.m.
- Helps to fade the size and intensity of dark spots
- Improves luminosity, clarity and overall skin quality
- Delivers lightweight hydration
- Mild, gentle formula
This exfoliating polish is my favorite! It carefully removes dead skin cells to reveal smoother, softer and glowing skin. I use this twice a week and year round but helps so much in the winter dry months.
- Magnesium oxide crystals wash away clean, leaving skin instantly soft and smooth
- Physically exfoliates off dead skin cells and other debris to improve skin radiance
Growth Factor Serum
My favorite, anti-aging treatments, this lightweight gel helps to minimize the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles. Made for all skin types. I use morning and at night.
Named one of the 13 Best Anti-Aging Serums with Growth Factors – Cosmopolitan
- Improves overall appearance of skin
- Minimizes appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Restores hydration and reinforces the skin’s protective barrier
Growth Factor Eye Serum
I’ve been using this eye serum for the last 3 weeks and it’s made such a difference it giving me a youthful under eye glow. Powered by clinically proven ZO® Growth Factor technology, the Growth Factor Eye Serum helps improve the appearance of expression lines, creasing and hollowness while plumping. It encourages healthy skin and the cooling applicator re-invigorates the look of tired eyes. I used this product morning and night.
- Minimizes the appearance of expression lines and eye wrinkles
- Improves the appearance of volume
- Increases hydration
- The cooling applicator revives the look of tired eyes
- Re-invigorates eye skin vitality
Daily Power Defense
Sunscreen is the most important application you can do for your skin daily. This Daily Power Defense has been advanced with ZO’s exclusive technologies to create a long-lasting, youthful and healthy skin complexion. This serum is proven to strengthen your skin’s protective barrier while defending against environmental stressors and signs of aging. Use every morning before makeup application.
- Protects skin from oxidative damage from free radicals
- Reduces signs of premature aging
- Accelerates barrier restoration
- Extended skin hydration
- Supports continuously healthy skin
Sunbetter TONE SMART SPF 68 Sunscreen
I bought his compact sunscreen before my Miami trip and its the perfect travel compact. It combines a high level of sun protection in a tone-adapting compact with a hint of blend-able color. This sunscreen acts as a primer under makeup and may be layered for additional coverage. It not only can help prevent sunburn, but can decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- 100% mineral, non-nano sunscreen actives
- Benefits beyond UV, including blue light, pollution and infrared radiation.
- Extraordinary level of protection against UVA (aging), UVB (burning) rays.
- 80-minute water resistance.
AlphaRet Overnight Cream
I great alternative if Retinol is not for you. This is a bit more hydrating! This skincare cream provides visible skin rejuvenation with little-to-no irritation. It features a unique ingredient that is made up of a retinoid combined with an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that helps reduce the normal irritation that is often experienced with retinols. It works to improve the appearance of lines, wrinkles, uneven tone and texture. Apply at night.
- Significantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles in as little as four weeks
- Provides moisture to help counteract dryness associated with traditional retinoid-based products
- Combines two gold standard skin rejuvenation ingredients – a retinoid and an AHA (lactic acid) – joined together to create the revolutionary AlphaRet technology that minimizes irritation
- Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals
TNS Recovery Complex
When I receive the Diamond Glow Facial, medical grade TNS formula is my favorite. It’s anti-aging focusing on skin rejuvenation.
- Rejuvenate skin.
- Reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Enhance skin texture and tone.
Elta MD Skincare
UV Lip Balm
During winter months, this lip balm is my favorite. It’s hydrating, lasts up to 80 minutes. The perfect sun protection for daily use, ski trips and beach vacations.
What is Medical Grade Skincare?
Medical grade skincare products contain higher concentrations of active ingredients than what you can buy over the counter. These products use prescription-strength ingredients to promote your overall skin health while helping you look and feel your best.
Is Medical Grade Skincare Worth It? What are the Benefits of Medical Grade Skincare?
While the price may be slightly higher on medical grade products, they are actually more cost effective because with more effective ingredients, you will be able to use less of the product and get better results.
These products contain powerful ingredients that are clinically researched to be safe and effective. Medical grade skincare not only protects your skin from harmful elements, it also encourages cellular regeneration and promotes healthy skin cells from the inside out.
What is the Difference Between Medical Grade Skincare vs. Over the Counter Skincare
The major difference between products offered by licensed professionals versus drugstores is that medical-grade skincare is under FDA regulation to contain 99.9% pure ingredients and to ensure safety and effectiveness. They are supported by scientific research and are specifically formulated for best results.
How Long does it take for for Medical Grade Skincare to work?
Typically 8-12 weeks.
Med Spa Treatments
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions! I’m always happy to help with styling or picking out a specific outfit for an event! Have an amazing day!!
Also, check out my instagram shop HERE to shop all my instagram looks, style guides, gift guides and fashion tips.
STAY IN THE KNOW: Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive Newsletter for STYLE TIPS, SALE ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate all of you! xx, Amand