If you’re looking for chic outfit ideas for your vacation to Costa Rica, look no further. With its stunning beaches, dense rainforests, and awesome wildlife, Costa Rica has something to offer for every type of traveler. And while packing for any trip can be stressful, I’ve put together a variety of classy and comfortable outfits for your tropical vacation that will make your trip all the more enjoyable. Today, I’m sharing a curated selection of Costa Rica vacation outfits for different activities from hiking, to swimming to hanging out at the beach club, to help you make the most of your time in this beautiful country. I’ll be sharing everything from stylish swimwear, to classy dinner outfits, and everything in between!
Additionally, if you’re planning to visit Costa Rica in the rainy season or dry season I’ll be sharing everything you need, from flip flops to rain jackets to hiking boots and more!
10 Costa Rica Vacation Outfit Ideas
Click on each outfit below to shop the look.
Dinner Outfit Looks to Wear in Costa Rica
Whether you are looking for a casual dinner look, or something more elevated for your dinner outfit, I’ve got you covered. Try styling a flowy minidress paired with comfortable sandals. Then, accessorize with classic sunglasses and a cute beach style bag. To elevate your look, add heels and swap out your mini dress for a midi or maxi dress for a sophisticated dinner look in Costa Rica.
Domino Mini Dress | Patent Leather Slides | Simona Dress | KREWE Eyewear Astor Maple
Anna Conch Shell Bag | A.L.C Salines Minidress | The Disco Ball Bag
Beach Day Outfit Ideas to Wear in Costa Rica
If you’re looking for a stylish beach outfit during your Costa Rica vacation, try pairing a chic one piece swimsuit with a flowy skirt coverup, comfy sandals, and a spacious beach bag. Also, if you want a more classic look, a poplin shirt coverup and a trendy straw hat will give you a comfy, sophisticated beach look.
Polly Halterneck Swimsuit | Naghedi St. Barths Tote | Felix Hat | St. Barts Sandals | Saint Laurent Sunglasses | Toteme Linen Blend Sarong
The Vista Hat | Moses Slide | One-Shoulder Swimsuit | The Drop Poplin Shirt | Hunza G Swimsuit
Sightseeing Outfit Ideas to Wear in Costa Rica
Sightseeing, surfing and hiking in Costa Rica is very popular. For an outing like this, consider pairing a one piece swimsuit with cute shorts and poplin shirt set, a comfortable hat to protect you from the sun, and a pair of sandals or sneakers for walking. This combination will keep you cool and fashionable while exploring all the beautiful sights the country has to offer. Also, if you’re hiking, swap out the sneakers for hiking boots.
Naghedi Saint Barths Tote | Naghedi Tote | Classic Square One Piece | Hunza G Gloria Bikini | Moses Two Band Slide | Long Sleeve Striped Shirt | Elastic Waist Striped Shorts
Pool Outfit Ideas to Wear in Costa Rica
A classy and flattering swimsuit outfit idea for a Costa Rica pool day could include pairing a one-piece swimsuit with a chic skirt coverup, a cute beach bag, and a pair of stylish sandals. This ensemble will keep you looking fashionable while also providing sun protection and comfort for a day of lounging by the pool.
Saint Laurent Bucket Bag | Cat Eye Sunglasses | Mia Skirt | Anna Bikini Top | Alice Bikini Bottoms
Patent Leather Slides | Isabel Marant Cap | Valerie One Piece Swimsuit | Mia Coverup | Valerie One Piece
Mommy and Me Outfits to Wear in Costa Rica
Finding cute and matching outfits for mommy and me can be challenging, especially for a beach vacation. But fear not, with options like chic matching swimsuits, flowy sundresses, and coordinated tropical prints, you and your little one can be the most stylish pair on the beach.
Zimmerman Belted Skirt | Mila Linen Shirts | Linen Blend Top | Kelli Set | Ivy Dress | Linen Miniskirt
Hadyn Raffia Slides | Ryder Straw Bucket Hat | Straw Cap | Moses Slide | Lack of Color Hat | Poplin Long Shirt | Hunza G Swimsuit
Costa Rica Packing List
If you’re wondering what to pack for Costa Rica, I’ve got you covered. Depending on your planned activities such as zip lining, water rafting, hiking, or simply lounging by the pool or the beach, I’m sharing a comprehensive packing list that includes everything you need to bring to Costa Rica ensure a comfortable and stylish trip!
- Beach Hats are an essential to add to your Costa Rica packing list. If you’re looking for the best beach hat, check out my post here.
- Ball Caps are a chic alternative to the classic beach hat. Wear this hat while traveling, hanging out by the beach, pool, or on excursions while in Costa Rica.
- Sandals are a must-have for any beach vacation. Here are some of my favorites from Steve Madden.
- Water shoes, that are quick drying, for the pool or white water rafting excursions, such as slides, flip flops, or water shoes are definitely important as well.
- If you’re planning on hiking while you’re in Costa Rica, don’t forget to bring your hiking boots! Hiking shoes are essential. One of my favorite hiking shoes brands is Merrell. Another great brand for hiking boots is Salomon.
- Having a flattering one piece swimsuit for everything from the beach to the pool is essential.
- If you’re looking for a two piece to bring to Costa Rica, there are many amazing options, and I particularly love the brand Hunza G.
- Dinner Dresses are another essential for chic beach dinners in Costa Rica. One of my favorite brands for dresses is Zimmerman.
- Having a chic Skirt Coverup on the beach will make you feel comfortable and elevate your look. One of my favorite brands for this is L*Space, they also have amazing swimwear options.
- Shirt and Short Sets are another way to go if you’re looking for a chic coverup. I love the brand LMND when I’m looking for a comfy and chic beach coverup look.
- Having a comfy and classy skirt for beach dinners or casual days out is essential.
- A cute and comfy blouse is essential to pack for Costa Rica. Wear it anywhere from sight seeing to eating dinner by the beach.
- Casual Shirts are a must have for any vacation. From traveling, to exploring the city, a casual, chic tee is essential. I even have a blog post with some of my favorites here.
- Having a comfy pair of shorts is essential for any beach vacation. These linen shorts are one of my favorites. If you’re looking for something for a chic dinner Zimmerman has a great selection as well.
- A Beach Bag is a must-have. Naghedi is my go to brand for not only beach totes, but every day totes. To read more about why I love Naghedi bags, check out my blog post here.
- It’s also nice to have a cute bag for dressy dinners by the beach. This is one of my favorites.
- If you’re planning on going hiking, it’s also a good idea to have a chic hiking bag to carry your essentials.
- Having a denim jacket or other light jacket is a must have for those colder evenings and dinners.
- For traveling, it’s always a good idea to pack a cozy jacket or pullover. Varley has some of my favorite comfortable pieces, perfect for travel wear.
- If you’re planning to vist Costa Rica any time from May to November, it is the rainy season. This means it’s a good idea to pack a Rain Jacket that is quick drying, especially if you’re planning many outdoor excursions like white water rafting. This jacket by Lole is one of my favorites. If you’re planning to visit Costa Rica December through April, it is dry season, but it still may be a good idea to pack an extra jacket just in case.
- Sunglasses are a must have for any beach vacation. KREWE is one of my all time favorite brands for sunglasses because they are comfortable, durable and chic. To read more about some of my other favorite sunglasses, check out my post here.
- For any beach trip, sunscreen is important, but especially in the Costa Rica heat. Make sure to not only pack body sunscreen, but face sunscreen as well. These sprays are perfect for the kids.
- Also, don’t forget Insect Repellent. It is another essential for your Costa Rican packing list, especially if you are planning to do any jungle excursions. It is more expensive in Costa Rica, so it is best to bring it with you if you can. I love this natural insect repellent that is also travel size. Costa Rica is known for their cloud forests, which are beautiful and a must-see! However, these beautiful cloud forests are also known for their mosquitos, so don’t forget to pack your insect repellent.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! I’m always happy to help with styling or picking out a specific outfit for an event! Have an amazing day!!
Also, check out my instagram shop HERE to shop all my instagram looks, style guides, gift guides and fashion tips.
You can also download the free LIKETOKNOW.IT app and follow me HERE.
STAY IN THE KNOW: Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive Newsletter for STYLE TIPS, SALE ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate all of you! xx, Amanda
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Shop Instagram | You Tube | Tik Tok