It’s no secret that denim skirts are dominating the fashion world right now. They have not only been a fashion staple for decades, but they continue to be a go-to piece for chic outfits today. What’s great about long denim skirts is that they offer endless outfit possibilities, from more casual and laid back looks to sophisticated and dressed up ensembles. Whether you’re running errands around town or heading to a special event, a long denim skirt can be your go-to piece to create an effortlessly chic outfit. If you’re unsure about how to style long denim skirts or are simply looking for some fresh outfit ideas, I’ve got you covered. Today, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite tips and tricks for styling long denim skirts and showcasing some of my go-to outfits. After that, I will be sharing some of my favorite long denim skirts to shop.
Also, for more chic outfit ideas and inspiration to refresh your wardrobe, check out my Fall Capsule Wardrobe here.
Long Denim Skirt Outfit Ideas
There are many different types of denim skirts from different colors and different silhouettes and more. From lightwash denim, to white, and black, there is something for every occasion. For a casual look, pair a lightwash denim skirt with a simple t-shirt and sneakers. Also, for a more dressy look, pair your skirt with chic boots and a blazer. Additionally, for more blazer outfit ideas, check out my blog post here.
Long Denim Skirt Outfit Ideas
Sharing some of my favorite ways to style long denim skirts below. From a dressy look with a blazer and boots to a more casual vacation look with sandals, there is something for everyone. For more chic fall skirt outfit ideas, check out my post here.
What to Wear with Long Denim Skirts
Camel Denim Skirt Outfit Idea
Denim skirts are a timeless classic that are having a moment in fashion right now. Transitioning it from summer to fall is easy and stylish. For example, pair it with camel knee-high boots and a cozy knit top for a stylish and cozy look. Then add matching accessories like a belt, a crossbody bag, and earrings. If you love camel for fall, like I do, be sure to check out my How to Wear Camel post here as well. Also, check out more of my favorite fall trends here.
Striped Shirt and Adidas Denim Skirt Outfit Idea
Wearing a denim maxi skirt outfit for fall is a great way to look stylish and feel comfortable. First, style a striped top, and then layer it with a structured cream jacket. Then, complete the outfit with cream Adidas Sambas. This look is perfect for anything from hanging out with friends, to picking up the kids from school, going to lunch, and more. Also, if you are considering buying Adidas Sambas, be sure to check out my Adidas Sambas Review.
Cream and Chocolate Brown Denim Skirt Outfit Idea
Styling a denim maxi skirt outfit for fall can be effortlessly chic with a cream and brown combination. Opt for a brown short sleeve top, and then layer it with a sophisticated cream blazer. Finally, complete the look with a brown bag and cream boots. This look is perfect for outings like exploring the city or enjoying a leisurely brunch with friends during fall. Be sure to check out this post as well for more chic fall brunch outfits.
More Ways to Style a Denim Skirt
- Style a light wash long denim skirt with a white t-shirt for a summery look
- For a chic look, style your denim skirt with a blazer, a casual top, and heeled boots
- For a more casual look, wear a graphic t-shirt with sneakers and a tote bag
- In the summer, or on vacation, pair your denim skirt with sandals and a tank top or casual t-shirt
- Also, for a workwear look, wear a white or black denim skirt with a button down blouse, a blazer, and heels
- Try a denim on denim look if you are feeling trendy. Pair a denim shirt with your denim skirt and then add chic boots or flats
- In the winter, wear your denim skirt with a lot of layers such as a sweater and a long coat
- In the summer, opt for a crop top and sandals or sneakers
- To dress up a casual daily look, wear your denim skirt with sneakers, a classic t-shirt and add a blazer. Then, finish off the look with a chic tote bag
- Finally, for an edgy look, style your long denim skirt with a leather jacket
Tips for Styling Long Denim Skirts
- To elevate your look, add a blazer or heels
- Make sure you accentuate your waist by wearing a cropped top or tucking in your shirt
- If you want a more summery look, go for a light wash or white denim skirt
- Try adding a belt for another way to accentuate your waist
- In the winter, opt for a darker color skirt like a dark blue wash or a black
- If you want a modern look, go for a long denim skirt with a slit down the front
- Also, don’t be afraid of layering, adding layers to the top like a blouse, blazer, or jacket, can add interest to your look
- Remember to accessorize, because accessories can easily elevate a look
- Think of styling your denim skirt how you would style denim pants, and then start from there
- Don’t be afraid to add a pop of color
My Favorite Long Denim Skirts
Click on each image below to shop.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! I’m always happy to help with styling or picking out a specific outfit for an event! Have an amazing day!!
Also, check out my instagram shop HERE to shop all my instagram looks, style guides, gift guides and fashion tips.
STAY IN THE KNOW: Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive Newsletter for STYLE TIPS, SALE ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate all of you! xx, Amanda