If your like me, I love a warm hearty appetizer and these Mac & Cheese Bites Appetizer is one that is perfect for adults and kids. One I found on Pinterest and it makes quiet a few and trust me people will be coming back for more! The best part of this Mac & Cheese Bites Appetizer is it can be prepared a day ahead of your party!
Mac & Cheese Bites Appetizer
Additionally, the base of these bites are Ritz Crackers and are the perfect snack for any party! See below for all the ingredients and how to make these yummy bites!
1 and 1/2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed**I used one whole sleeve and used my food processor to crush the crackers
2 cups white cheddar cheese, grated and divided
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 and 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 ounces uncooked)
One 5.2-ounce container of Boursin Garlic and Herb cheese
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch red pepper flakes
Parsley, for garnish, optional
How to Make The Mac & Cheese Bites Appetizer
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously spray 8 cups of your muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers, 1 cup of the shredded white cheddar cheese, and the melted butter, mixing well until the mixture holds together and resembles coarse sand.
4. Divide the mixture among the 8 muffin cups and, using your fingers or the back of a spoon, firmly press the crust into the bottoms and up the sides of each muffin cup.
5. In another large bowl, combine the cooked (and still hot!) macaroni with 1/2 cup of the shredded white cheddar, the Boursin cheese, and the butter, mixing well.
6. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, and red pepper flakes, mixing well.
7. Add the egg/milk mixture to the cooked macaroni, mixing until all the ingredients are melted and smooth.
8. Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the macaroni mixture into each muffin cup (you will probably have a little leftover macaroni-I did. Save this and bake it separately, if desired.)
9. Top each muffin cup with the remaining white cheddar.
10. Bake the mac and cheese pies until lightly golden on top, about 20-25 minutes.
11. Let cool slightly before removing from the muffin pan, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.
Adapted from The Deen Bros. Take it Easy, via Epicurious and Curvy Girl.
STAY IN THE KNOW: on’t forget to sign up for my exclusive Newsletter for STYLE TIPS, SALE ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions! I’m always happy to help with styling or picking out a specific outfit for an event! Have an amazing day!!
CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP HERE TO SHOP ALL OF MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate all of you!
Pin for Later