Over the knee boots are one boot for fall and winter that never go out of style. Even though I tend to wear ankle boots most, I find having an over the knee boot on hand is perfect when I want to make a statement or I need to balance out my outfit such as a mini skirt or dress for the colder months. Today, I’m sharing ways to wear over the knee boots, outfit ideas, style tips, and what to wear with an OTK boot!
Ways to Wear Over the Knee Boots
If you find yourself wondering what to wear with over the knee boots, you’ve found the right place. Below I’m sharing four over the knee boot outfit ideas for fall and winter as well as some styling tips to keep in mind when creating the OTB looks.
Over the Knee Boots Outfit Ideas
1. With a Sweater Dress
Sweater dresses and thigh-high boots are some of my favorite outfits as temperatures start to drop. You want to make sure the length of your dress is at least 3 inches higher than your boot. If you want full coverage, then pair the boots with a maxi length sweater dress.
2. With A Mini Skirt
Wearing your OTB with a mine skirt allows to wear some of your spring skirts a bit longer or into the fall months. Here are a few more ways to wear your summer dresses into fall.
3. With a Maxi Dress
A maxi dress is a great option to pair with your OTK boots. Not only are they comfortable and flowy, but are also so chic with an over the knee boot. It’s the perfect way to break into fall or spring a bit early when styling them with your OTB.
4. With an All Black Outfit
An all-black outfit is not only easy but also great for dressing up for date night or winter wedding. If you want more variety, add a camel or white scarf to your outfit or layer with another neutral coat.
5. Any Monochromatic Outfit
Creating a monochromatic outfit head to toe one color is one of my favorite ways to dress. Think winter whites, camel tones or an all-black outfit. Check out my posts for monochrome looks.
6. Over Skinny Jeans
Skinny jeans are perfect to pair with your OTB as you want them to be fitted in the leg when wearing. They need to be a true skinny and this is my favorite pair of jeans under $100.
7. Over Faux Leather Leggings
If you are wanting full coverage with a chunky knit or under your long wool coat, a faux leather legging is the perfect option to go under your over the knee boots. My personal favorite is Commando which comes in a few colors as well as patent leather. Spanx leggings are also a great option as well!
How to Style Over the Knee Boots
- Over the knee boots with a drawstring at the top of the boot tend not to slide down or bunch at the knee.
- Swap similar pieces in your closet for more outfit ideas. If your more of a leggings girl vs. the skinny jean, you can create a similar look by swapping these pieces out.
- Invest in quality boots that will last many years. My personal favorite is the Stuart Weitzman Lowland heel and I’ve had them for 7 years and are made to last.
- Pay attention to the heel style that is timeless and fits your style. I find that I perfer a low heel which helps keep the whole outfit a bit more balanced.
- Layer your outerwear wisely. If you are wearing a maxi dress, opt for a cropped jacket such as a leather or suede moto jacket. If you are wearing a mini sweater dress or skirt, keep the jacket at the same length to keep the entire look polished.
Shop Over the Knee Boots
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! I’m always happy to help with styling or picking out a specific outfit for an event! Have an amazing day!!
Also, check out my instagram shop HERE to shop all my instagram looks, style guides, gift guides and fashion tips.
STAY IN THE KNOW: Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive Newsletter for STYLE TIPS, SALE ALERTS, AND MUCH MORE!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate all of you! xx, Amanda